caplon service monitoring
Monitoring the quality, availability, performance and security of IT infrastructures and critical business applications
Nearly all companies rely on a trouble-free and smooth operation of their IT infrastructure and their critical business applications in order to operate successfully and be competitive. The increasing networking of companies with suppliers, partners and customers, the complexity of networks and the increasing flood of data make it more and more difficult to maintain an overview and ensure reliable operation.
With caplon© service monitoring, companies have a comprehensive overview of all processes running in the network and full control over IT and OT infrastructures under operational, planning and security aspects.
Determination and visualization of important parameters from the network and the applications
- bandwidth determination
- Number of bytes/s, packets/s
- Determination of the largest "bandwidth guzzlers", and much more.
- Network statistics
- TOP Talker, TOP Listener, TOP Connections
- Distribution of network protocols, etc.
- TCP analysis - detection of typical TCP problems
- TCP Retransmissions, TCP Zero Window, TCP Resets, etc.
- (Worst) TCP Handshake Time, and much more.
- Application analyses and statistics
- Reaction and response times of servers
- DPI application recognition, etc.
Detection and fixing of technical problems and anomaly detection via drill-down analyses
- Detection of deviations from standard behavior at an early stage by displaying the development of relevant performance data over time in individually adjustable dashboards
- Different views on the network data
- based on geographical criteria (data centers, locations, …)
- based on network segments (DMZ, MZ, certain subnetworks, …)
- based on functional criteria (web server, application server, DB server, …)
- Fast localization of problems, troubleshooting and fixing of issues by direct access to relevant network data (drill-down analyses)
- Early detection of misconfigurations in production controls (avoidance of production downtimes and overload situations)
- Continuous monitoring of SLA and KPI values (avoidance of contractual penalties)
Legally secure access to data
With regard to IT security, the EU-GDPR (Art. 5, para. 1f) requires that personal data are protected by appropriate technical and organizational measures. This also includes protection against unlawful forms of processing and against accidental loss ("integrity and confidentiality").
caplon© systems effectively reduce risks of data misuse with a fine-grained access and authorization system in combination with caplon© Privacy Protection technology.
- Fine-grained adjustable access to the network data regarding network segments, layers and analysis depth per user or role.
- Protection of personal data and critical information of the IT infrastructure by pseudonymisation of network data (module caplon© privacy protection
- Clear presentation of the access rights stored in the system per user and role